Rock Tavern is a hamlet located in the town of New Windsor in Orange County, New York. It is a quaint little place with a rich history and some beautiful sights to see. Here are some places to explore in Rock Tavern, NY:
1. Stewart State Forest: This beautiful forest covers over 6,000 acres and is a great place to hike, bike, or simply enjoy nature. The forest has several trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
2. Storm King Art Center: This 500-acre outdoor sculpture museum is located just a short drive from Rock Tavern. It is a great place to view some amazing sculptures and artwork by some of the world's most renowned artists.
3. The Orange County Arboretum: Located in nearby Montgomery, NY, the Orange County Arboretum is a beautiful place to explore. It has a wide variety of trees and plants, as well as several gardens and ponds.
4. Washington's Headquarters State Historic Site: This historic site in nearby Newburgh, NY, was once the headquarters of George Washington during the Revolutionary War. Visitors can tour the site and learn about the history of the area.
5. Brotherhood Winery: This winery, located in nearby Washingtonville, NY, is the oldest operating winery in the United States. Visitors can take a tour of the winery and enjoy some of their delicious wines.
6. Angry Orchard: This cidery, located in nearby Walden, NY, offers tours and tastings of their famous hard cider. Visitors can also enjoy the beautiful orchards and gardens on the property.
7. Appalachian Trail (All Trails): The famous Appalachian Trail runs through nearby Harriman State Park and is a great place to hike and enjoy nature.
Overall, Rock Tavern and its surrounding areas offer plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities, historical exploration, and relaxation.