Is it time to make your move out of NYC?
New York City is arguably the greatest city in the world. However, is it where you want to raise your family? This stunning colonial with a wraparound porch is nestled in the wood on 5 acres of property...yet it is under an hour to NYC. It's the perfect location for commuters with 65 percent of the people who live here are employed in new york city.
This fine home offers:
- Easy access to major roadways including NYS Thruway, Route 17, and the Palisades Parkway
- Minutes to major roadways including NYS Thruway, Route 17, and the Palisades Parkway
- Convenient transportation options (Metro-North, Local Bus Services to NYC)
- Award-Winning Monroe-Woodbury Central School District-
- Monroe-Woodbury High School students are encouraged to stretch themselves intellectually, socially and academically, and to take advantage of the diverse programs offered in and out of the classroom. Rigorous academics, award-winning music and art, competitive interscholastic sports, and much more round out M-W students’ high school experience. Eighty-seven percent of the graduating class of 2018 went on to pursue a degree in a two- or four-year college or trade/tech school. Two percent went directly to the workforce and another two percent joined the military. Administrators, teachers, and support staff help students explore many avenues, identify what they’re passionate about, and pursue their passions. M-W empowers students and encourages them to make a difference in their community and the world.
- Recreational Activities- Enjoy the outdoors. Swimming, Boating, Fishing, Hunting, Biking, Hiking-
- Round Lake offers swimming, boating, and fishing. The lake has approximately 1.8 miles of shoreline and consists of nearly 97 acres. There is a town-owned boat launch site located off of Lakes Road on the east shore of Round Lake. No gas motors allowed.
- Greenwood Lake is Orange County, New York’s largest body of freshwater, 50 miles northwest of New York City. Known for its swimming, boating (motor and non-motor), and fishing. Greenwood lake is largely a summer community with many beaches, restaurants, and outdoor fun. Greenwood Lake is nine miles long, fed by springs and brooks, with half in New York and half in New Jersey.
- Walton Lake is great for fishing and boating. It is not uncommon to see paddleboarders, people fishing, or someone catching some rays on the shore there.
- Heritage Trail-The The first multi-use asphalt trail developed in the parks system. This trail offers attractive scenic vistas and access from the Village of Goshen to Harriman (approximately 14 miles long) for walking, biking, and rollerblading.
- Appalachian Trail-The Appalachian Trail Conservancy describes the Appalachian Trail as the longest hiking-only trail in the world. More than 2 million people are said to take a hike on part of the trail at least once each year. Fitzgerald Falls is a short 3/10th of a mile hike off of Lakes Road in Monroe NY. This stretch of the Appalachian Trail is very walkable, even for small children. The trail leads you to a very nice 30-foot waterfall with a good size pool at the bottom, at least in the spring and fall where we have wetter weather. You can turn around there and head back to the road and have enjoyed a little time in the woods. But the NY/NJ Trail Conference built steps where the trail runs up the right side of the fall. You at least want to climb to the top of that to see the view, but consider continuing on another 3 miles on the AT all the way to West Mombasha Rd.
- Convenient Shopping
- World-famous- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets is an outdoor outlet center located in Central Valley, New York.
- Middletown Galleria
- Nanuet Mall
Call Marty Remo with RE/MAX Benchmark Realty Group 845-266-7050